Built in the 1700's and renovated many times. Bare windows emits morning sunlight as evening cast shadows. Electricity is non-existent. Air in old pipes spit and spat when the taps turn on. Doors and windows dont open or close properly. Trims along with cabinets get stripped, repainted and reused. Appliances work sometimes.
Tenants are happy!
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana
I need to add this info about the pads: The white shoulder pad is filled with light fiberfill. Very cheaply made. The pink ones have a thin sponge in them for padding. Probably a more expensive shoulder pad.
You are basically looking for a shoulder pad
with this length to it.
And this width.
For this project: I am using the pink one. Fold
in each edge to the inside to form a
tube like this.
Overlap on top of each other only slightly.
Pin it together.
With needle and matching thread
sew it together. BE CAREFUL, DO NOT STITCH TO THE BACKSIDE!
You should be able to put your small
finger in this tube on one side and
it come out on the other side.
Cut off the 2 ends. Be careful and do not
cut any of the stitched part or folded
part on the ends.
Now, you have a top and a bottom. Make
sure that the bottom is wider than the top.
See how the sides kind of indent some,
forms a natural kind of curve to her body.
TRIMMING: I happened to find a trim
that had sequins on it. I started close to my
finger in the V
close to the stitching and laid my trim right
in there and stitched down with a few threads.
Then I proceeded with the trim in my hand, I
stitched the trim going towards the right
side on the edge of the stitching. I stitched
the trim all the way around the neck, then
back down to the V. I hid the trim where
I started and stitched the trim down the
length almost to the bottom of where the
V starts. Then without stitching I took
my trim all the way around the bottom of
the dress and back up to the V so I could
measure how much was needed. I then cut
off the rest of my trim cause it was so bulky.
Cut off a little more than needed just to
make sure you have enough trim to tuck.
Then I stitched the rest of the trim on
going around the bottom and back up to
the V. I hid the cut edge in that V just as
I did the top V. Anchor the stitches well,
so that they do not come loose.
For the straps: I took a piece of the trim and cut it