Thursday, April 14, 2011


And I just love it!!
She turned out much better than what
I expected.

I had no idea that an OLD CHINA doll could
be made into a new doll.
I have not seen or heard of anyone doing this before!!
It is possible that I could be the first
that has ever put hair on a china doll.

Any imperfections however small they may be, always
show up in a photograph.
I thought that I had gotten all of the hair off her, but it
is apparent that I missed some hairs.
Perhaps a mini vacuum cleaner is needed!

I was going to use black hair, to mimic what the
doll had already, but decided against that idea.
It was better to soften up her features with some
dark brown hair.
Anyway once I held up the dark brown hair up to
her face - it spoke to me!

Marina has a little black speck on the side of her
nose. That is her mole.
Marina has now become one of my favorites!!


Marina's hair is cut into a bob.
This hairstyle suits this kind of doll very well.
There are not many pictures here
so I hope you can see it.

The matching hat came as an after-thought.
Marina looked like she needed something
and a hat was the answer to this.
That piece of re-sis-tance - so to speak.
However, I think that I might put the hat
in her hand and leave her head and
hair free.

 Hair on the china dolls look great
from any angle.
You really do need to try this!!
It gives a whole new look to the china doll.
If you never liked a china doll before - maybe
just maybe, you would like to have one now.

I used cheap hairspray to keep her hair
from flying around. It needed to
stay straight.

A china doll's head is bigger than
the normal miniature dolls head.
Do take that into consideration.
You can always give her a hat.
Gee - I forgot to remove her hat!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, April 11, 2011


She is/was the ugly china doll that was
in the last posting on the
left side of the photo.

Painstakingly I scraped and scraped more glue
off of her legs.
There is still plenty more
to scrape off but I got tired of scraping. 
Decided I would take a break from that and just
dress the doll.
I can scrape more later when I feel
like messing with it.
Anyway, her legs are hidden.
Marina looks
a sight better than she did before. 

She is dressed really different.
I felt that there wasnt any need to
try to dress her to a particular period since I dont
have any period fabrics.
Besides, stripping off her old
body proved that she wasnt an antique!  
There weren't any markings on her.
So I believe that I can do with her
what I want.

Marina is a short woman.
I measured her before and thought
for sure she was 5.5 inches high.
Measured her again cause she
looked so short!
Marina is a short woman!
Her length is 5.25.

Her dress is made from a pair of 
baby pants.
I found them at the thrift store 
with the price tag still on them.
It is just a simple dress
that I made for her.

I like the pink and green combination.
Love the flowers on the green.
Love the pink with white dots on
the ruffle.
It looks sweet on her.

Marina's shawl is a lace applique.
I wanted to use this applique since it
seems like I have owned it forever!

The lace applique is about 4 inches from
the 2 widest points.
It was too pretty not to use it.

I am really surprised that  fit around her
and that it worked!

To attach it around her ,
all I did was thread a piece of pink ribbon
thru the first 2 holes of the
applique from the backside.
Then knotted it.
I know you can't see the knot, but it's there!!

Here is the back of the shawl.
It drapes so nice on her back.
Looks so pretty.

I hope you like Marina!

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

DOLLHOUSE 'ASHLEY' - Laid Craft Sticks For Floors

I have been very busy doing my miniatures
and home life.
I was able to cut and glue down the craft sticks
for flooring on the bottom floor.
Not painted yet, but they will be white
the next time you see them.
This is the first time that I have ever laid a floor with
craft sticks.
It is really simple.
I meant to get a pic closer to the bay window on
the right side of this pic.
Apparently my aim was off.

Since this was so easy, I just might do this
again to one of my apartments.
I still must fix the floor that had the stairs.

Thanks for stopping by!