Wednesday, June 30, 2010

BEDS - A Daybed that I made!

I thought that I needed a daybed,
turns out that I did not need one at all.
 
Perhaps I will use it one day in a
room setting or a dollhouse.
 
I do not have any directions on
how to make it.
 
I made it out of foam core board.
Then printed some pics off of
the net that looked like white boards
and glued the paper on.
 
I think that you get the gist of it.
 
I used a nubby puffed blouse for the pillows
and the cover.
 
This is the back that will be against
the wall.
Doesn't look too bad.
 
 
Underneath the bedding is paper over the
foam core board.
 
 
This is the width of the bed skirt I used.
It was made from piece of a cotton that had
a ruffle on the edge.
 
 
Here is the length.
I did not hem any of it.
All I did was just turn under any raw
edge so you could not see it.
Then placed it on the bed.
The mattress will cover it
anyway.
 

 For the mattress, I took another piece
of foam core board and cut it to
fit the bed.
I cut 2 pieces of cream/white felt and
wrapped it around the foam core board.
Glued it on.
 
 
Thank you for stopping by!
Conny


No comments:

Post a Comment