Tuesday, April 5, 2011

2 china dolls

were bought at a thrift store for a cost of
$6.99 each. It is a good price besides the
little bit of wear & tear. When measured
up against my other dolls these were 7
inches high. I dont know how that escaped me.

The doll on the right is stuffed I guess with
(I dont know??) I dont know the age of either
of the dolls. Her apron is stitched with the
dress and the dress is cut crooked. All in all
she still was taken more care of than the other
doll.
The doll on the left was not made
very well. Her bloomers did not go
up to her waist. Even the arms were
proportioned wrong. The bonnet isnt
too bad so I might reuse that. Her dress
was also cut crooked & the deep purple
ribbon had ran onto the dress.
So I took apart the doll on the left.
I will reuse the cotton to wrap around
the pipe cleaners and throw away this
ugly body.
Look how bad the inside of the breast
plate is. I think that this doll has been
fixed many times. I dont know how I
am going to clean that mess out. And
there is some glue on her little leg. I
might have to buy some glue remover
for procelain. Still I think even with the
work that I have to do to fix her that
its still a good deal. I like having to
make my own.
by conny

7 comments:

  1. To remove the glue from the leg you may use the cutter with care.
    I think that there are two reproductions made ​​in China, because of the awful they are finished.
    Sure you can turn them into something better!
    Hugs
    M.Narbon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maria for the information about the dolls. I tried cutting the glue away but I couldnt get all of it. They did look pretty sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlene,
    I hope that I can do those dolls a little bit of justice. At least make them look better than the sad state that they were in. Thank you for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the glue is "epoxy" or similar.
    In that case you can put the leg in the kitchen oven at 150ºC 10 or 15 minutes, you'll see how it turns yellow and then you can easily remove with the cutter.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Maria,
    Thank you for giving me some more information about the glue. I am going to try that this weekend. Hopefully it works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Siento no haberte podido ayudar.
    Me encantara ver el resultado final.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete