Thursday, June 16, 2011

Update on Brieby's cottage

This is the cute little cottage that was built 15 years
ago. I found this photo online so I thought that I would
include it here to show how darling the little cottage was.
'Ashley' was such a cute little kit to put together.  She measures
 a little over 16 inches high X 17 inches wide X 12 inches deep.
It went together in a snap. I even painted it the same color Pink
that had just a touch of purple in it.
 Whenever you remodel anything - everything gets
changed. The outside has been painted white. Brieby
doesnt know if she wants to brick it or stone it.  She
has gotten paint on her door - so she will have to
paint it.  This is a project that both of us are doing
together. The roof will definitely have to be shingled.
Brieby and her brother Cohen are in Honolulu. They
wont be back until August - so I am not sure of how
much I will do before she gets back.
 Originally she decided that on the first floor she was
going to leave the wallpaper there that was surrounding
the door. Since she left I have been inspecting her paint
job. Not bad until you look at the top of the wallpaper.
The stairs are gone. They will go to another project.
 I have fixed the second floor where the stairs were
located. I am hoping with a coat of paint that it
will hide where I fixed it.
 If Brieby doesnt like it - then I guess I will carpet it!
 It is going to be hard trying to fit furniture on the
top floor. The cottage isn't very wide. Furniture is
going to have to be less than 1/12th. Brieby is wanting
on this floor - a bed, nitestands, armoire and maybe
a bathroom! Thats a tall order.
 See the top of the wallpaper. Brieby has dripped paint
on it. In this room she is wanting a kitchen, a breakfast
area and a living area.  I guess I will try to make it
all fit if I can!
 Just a view inside of a windowless window.  I think
its going to look so cute. Maybe that bare wall needs
a window. I will think about that.
 I am trying some beds up there. I cant decide which
color to use. The little black bed fits nicely in this space
as it is tall and short. And Brieby
likes the black color. The white bed is a little longer
in length. The thing about these 2 beds is that both of
them are half the size of the beds that are in my apartment
building. And look at how big they look. They fill up the space.
I still have more work to do before Brieby gets to
see it. The windows have to be fixed before she gets back!
by conny

2 comments:

  1. looks as if you have loads to do, can you make some smaller beds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Es una casita preciosa, tienes mucho trabajo por delante pero seguro que te quedara genial.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete