Saturday, April 25, 2020

Sewing Box - Sturdy Boxes To Become Sewing Rooms/Shops #1

Hello Everybody!
Hope you all are home and safe.
And especially keeping busy with your mini's!

I love miniature sewing items and also love
mini suitcases!
Don't know why - just do!
Maybe I will figure it out someday.
Lols!


This is where some of my mini sewing stuff is 
being kept. 
No room to hold anymore.
Something had to be done.


I had 2 of these unused boxes that I bought from
Joanne's Fabrics many years ago. 
These are sturdy boxes. 
Hope you can tell about how big they are. 
They are pretty big!


Don't know if you can see it or not - but the box is
10 inches high.
Is almost 15 inches across and  about 8 inches
deep. 

You know what I did!
I cut the flaps off of both of them!! 


I hope that I will not regret this...
Must think about how to fix the insides
and fix the front.
Anyone got any ideas - sure would love to 
from you??


Thank you for stopping by!
Visit me again!
Hopblogger/Conny

10 comments:

  1. Estoy segura que todas esas cosas tan bonitas que tienes encontraran su posición ideal en ese par de cajas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Isabel,
      I hope I can make it special. I don't know if I can pull it off or not.
      Mini huggs,
      Conny

      Delete
  2. Hi Conny!
    First decide what you want them to be, storage?, a dwelling?, shops?, etc.
    You might try stacking the boxes on their short ends and and cut the flaps to make floors dividing the boxes into separate compartment and make separate sewing scene on each level.
    You might even consider cutting windows into the back wall( bottom) and sides of the boxes so that it give the appearance of a dollhouse letting in more light and showcasing your collection.
    Hope some of these suggestions helps to get you started.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elizabeth,
      Thank you so much for all of these ideas! I had wondered what to do with those flaps. I talked with my hubby about stacking the boxes on their short ends cause I liked the idea of a 2-story, but he thought that perhaps it might would compromise the box if he accidentally cut a nick somewhere. I like the idea of windows also.
      I like all of these ideas and will try to use them!
      Mini huggs,
      Conny

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful idea full of incredible possibilities! I love it, Conny! With that much room, you could really make a wonderful shop to display similar mini items. Whatever you decide, have fun with the project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jodi,
      Thank you. I wanted to use these boxes because they are very sturdy and hardy cardboard.
      Mini huggs,
      Conny

      Delete
  4. Prachtige dozen om in te werken. Groeten Xandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Xandra,
      It was almost a shame to cut the boxes up. I debated with it for a while before doing so.
      Mini huggs,
      Conny

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hello Fabiola,
      Thank you so much.
      Mini huggs,
      Conny

      Delete