Monday, April 11, 2011

Meet Marina

She is/was the ugly china doll that was in
the last posting on the left side of the photo.
I scraped & scraped glue from her legs. There
is plenty more to scrape off but I got tired of scraping. 
Decided I would take a break from that & just
fix the doll. I can scrape more later when I feel
like messing with it. Her legs are hidden. Anyway, Marina looks
a sight better than before. She is dressed more
modern. I felt that there wasnt any need to
try to dress her to a particular period since I dont
have any period fabrics. Besides, stripping off her old
body proved that she wasnt an antique!  There werent
any markings on her. So I believe that I can do with her
what I want. Marina is a short woman. Her length is
5.25. Her attitude more than makes up for her heighth.
Marina is a no-nonsense woman. Nothing gets by her.
 I am not sure if I will give
Marina back her bonnet because this will date her. I am
liking the idea of giving her some black hair. Black
hair would look good against her pale white skin. It
should give her an English look. I did
put around her shoulders a little shawl.
If I dont mind saying I think that it looks
good on her.
Here is the back of the shawl. To attach
it around her all I did was thread a piece
of pink ribbon thru the first 2 holes of the
applique from the backside. I know you
cannot see the knot but its there.
The lace applique is about 4 inches from
the 2 widest points. It was too pretty not
to use it.
This is Marina after I attached pipe cleaners to her
body & then wrapped it with cotton. See there
isnt that much glue left on her legs.
I hope you like Marina!
by conny

4 comments:

  1. She's looking good now, you did a good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice comment. She does look better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Se ve preciosa!!!
    Que bien has hecho el trajecito es una verdadera maravilla, me encanta la ropa que has usado.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice result!!
    The lace applique gives the dress an oriental touch.

    ReplyDelete