Sunday, November 6, 2011

More pics on Sams Apartment

Here are many, many more pics on Samantha's
apartment. It might take as much as 2 pages to view
these because I posted all that I could find of the
apartment. These pics are not published in
the American Miniature maazine. These
are extra pics that were not used. Most of the last
pics are what her apartment looks like now. Later
as I do projects then I will update them again. Get
ready for at least 2 pages of Sam's apartment. I hope
you like. Remember back then when I took Barbie's
dre  and transformed it into a canopy. Well this is
what it looks like draping around her bed. The bedding
is new. Since the canopy is a tulle dress I wanted
something equally as serene and angelic as possible.
Fabric did not give me the effect that I was after.
The bedding is simply gauze. That's right you know
the bandage stuff that hospitals use. At wal-mart
around the sewing stuff they sell packages of 3 yard
lengths of white gauze. It is already packaged and
ready for you to use as curtains. What I did was take
the original mattress off of the bed. If you look at prior
pics of the bed you will see that the mattress sank in.
All I did was wrap layers of gauze around it till I got
the bed as high as I wanted. I found that the more
layers I added the better it looked. There wasn't any
sewing involved - just wrapping. The gauze is not tacked
or sewn down on the bottom of the bed. I merely just
placed the wrapped gauze mattress back on top of the
bed frame. Now of course it took a little bit of doing
to do this because I had to take care in making sure that
all of the gauze was tucked in. But it didnt take long to
accomplish that. The bed roll at the head of the bed
is also gauze. I cut a length that I wanted which was the
width of the bed and just wrapped it many times until
I got the desired thickness. The bedroll is just placed
at the head of the bed againzt the headboard. As you
notice I did not removed the skirt of the bed. It had
been glued down many years ago and I didnt feel like
removing all of that glue so thats why I worked with
what I had. I also kept the bed pillow. Since Sam is single
it doesnt matter about having 2 bed pillows - one is fine.
I dont know if you zoom in really good if you can see the
gauze bedding. This is an up to date pic of the dollhouse
for this canopy. It was meant to go to the last of all the
pics but somehow it was sneaked in thru the many pics
that are taken and shown on this posting.
 The canopy hangs from a small hook in her ceiling. I
know it looks big but it isn't. I have tried to take as
many angles as possible so if some of the pics look
the same well that wasnt my intention. I am also sorry
that I waited so long to post all of these pics but since
I was being published I didnt know what pics they would
use in the magazine.
 Another pic of the bed with some of its surroundings.
 A wider angle of some of the apartment featuring
Sam's bed.
 This view shows a side angle of Sam's Mardi Gras
dress. Sam can actually wear it. And she will be
wearing it when Mardi Gras comes. By then I hope to
have a good mask made for her.
 Here is a pic of the bed from across the room. The
pink picture frames are there for many reasons. Later
they might be hung on the left side of the bed. The
french doors are another project that I am waiting to
get started on. That screen will be used as a divider
between the bedroom and the living area. I woulda
aslo like to hang clothes from it.
 There isnt too much that changes on this right side
of the apartment. Sometimes I move the furniture
around to get a new look or I change a few items.
 Another angle of the bedroom area with the canopy
in place. This is the the updatted pic of the bedroom.
 Another view of the bedroom with the main door
opened. On the nightstand is a little necklace that
Sam likes to wear once in a while.
 This angle is taken from the dining area window. I
tried to capture the view towards the window. As I
have stated once before I love to look in thru any
dollhouse thru their windows. I think it is captivating.
 A better pic of the kitchen. I still need another cabinet
above the refrigerator. I really am not sure what I will
put there. All of the kitchen furniture used to be white.
I guess I could have left it white but generally all of the
kitchen furniture when you buy it is either white or oak
in color. All of the items on the wall cabinet are stuck there
with tacky wax. Tacky wax is not permanent and I have
been using it for 15 years. And still even to this day you
can remove any of the items and just wipe the wax up
with your finger. So easy - I like easy. There used to be
a small candle box on the top shelf that recently I removed
from here. That is why there is an empty space. Something
else will be put here I just dont know what I will put there
yet. The wall cabinet used to be the top part of a small
white china cabinet. It had broken off from the table
part.  This cabinet is glued to the wall and will always
remain here in this spot. However none of the bottom
pieces are glued down so I can remove them later if
I wish to change it to white. As you can see the kitchen
is not finished. I need to hang a small shelf on the wall
on the left side of the potrack. Or it is possible that I
might hang more aprons on that wall and make it an
apron wall. Samantha loves vintage items.
 Sam loves her 1960's dress. She loves those billowy
sleeves. By the way she also loves the movie 
'Gone with the wind. Sam's shoes are removeable.
I know you can not see them but she is wearing stockings.
I made them many years ago.  And I dont
remember how I made them. See her pearls
that broke that is lying on the floor close
to her feet. Here is a better pic of a new
apron for Sam. It is really a see-thru baby
pink little dress that belonged to a little
doll. It had ribbons that tied around the
waist and the neck. Perfect for an old
fashioned apron.
 The little pink box above the window is a Barbie
find. The lid opens up. I plan on using this shelf
above the windows for storing collections. As of
yet I dont know what they will be but it helps give me
more room to store in the apartment.
 There are 2 round boxes aboce the windows here.
They are also Barbie platic boxes from many years
ago. The lids pop off and they are a little hard to
pry off. A long time ago I covered them with a small
print flannel. Later  I will be tearing off that cloth
and papering them with paper. They should look
much better.
 There's a better picture of the cupid mirror. I also
plan on taking those white shoe boxes and glueing on
some pictures. Another plastic box on top of the cabinet
holds doll wigs.
 Better close ups of the suitcases.
 The bedroom looks good even in the dark. Here the
sun is setting.
 I have debated about putting a blanket across the
bed but I cannot do that. I like the clean fresh look
of the white guaze.
 This pic is taken when the main door of the dollhouse
is open. The little gold looking stool with pink glittered
pillow on top is another Barbie find. The stool is small
enough to work in this space. It helps for Samantha
to use the stool to get into her bed.
 Here's a peek thru the dining area windows. Do you
like the vintage green glass decanter that is setting
on the table. Sam goes to a lot of thrift stores to
find these treasures.
 Another peek thru the windows.
 This picture is taken fromt he windows behind the
bed. The iview to the other side of the apartment
looks a little bare. Something needs to hang on the
far wall.
 This is now what the living area looks like. In this
picture we are looking thru the window. I like the
little red checked pillow on the sofa. It ties in with
the bed skirt. I have tried many things for a rug under
the coffee table and nothing has really worked for me.
Underneath it now is a orange red doily which  matches
 the sofa very nicely. However its too
coutnrified for the space.
 You can tell with this photo that the apartment is
roomy. Even with the sofa in at this angle the ballgown
does not even touch it.
 Another view thru the windows of the ballgown
with its matching hat & pocketbook.
 This is a better picture of the ballgown. On the
last picture it looked like the gown was on the floor
but thats not the case at all. On this picture this
main door is closed. It was hard to take this picture.
 The bottom picture is Samantha's picture. The top
floor is Daisy's apartment. Her apartment will be in
my next posting.
 Another picture thru the window with the main
door of the dollhouse open.
 I tried putting the camera inside the dollhouse to get
the view tot he left of the stove. There is a very samll gap
from the stove to that wall in which I can put
a freestanding skinny cabinet. I might put spices
on it.
 On the dining chairs are 2 bags of groceries waiting
for Samantha to put away. On the sink is a blue
dish drainer. I have intentions of filling it with dishes.
Just havent got around to doing it yet.
 I hope you like this picture. I still need to put more
items inside of the closet. I need to put more
character and personality in the room. Since Samantha
is a single woman maybe trhow around some clothes
and put heels on the floor.
 It was getting darker outside when I snapped this
picture. To me this is starting to look like a normal
room.
 This is a better picture of the living room rug. Maybe
Samantha needs a new living room set to take the
countriness out of it. I will have to put on my thinking
cap and pull out of my other boxes.
 There is still room from the sofa to where Sam is
standing by the front door. Sam loves the way her
bedroom looks.
 Steal a peel thru the bedroom windows.  I hope you
like the way the brick paper on the outside looks. It
turned out very well. The windows look like there are
so many layers of paint on them. I like that look.
 This is the last picture that I have to show you. I hope
you like evetything that you see. And I really do hope
that you pay attention to the Barbie doll clothes whether
they be new or old.
Thanks for visiting and drop by to see me again!
Many hugs and kisses
conny

3 comments:

  1. Oh! oH! oh! Sam es una mujer afortunada, tiene una habitación y una casa de sueño
    Besos
    Rosamargarita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conny, ha sido un placer visitar la casita de Sam.
    Es maravillosa, me ha encantdo ver todas esas preciosas fotografias.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the sweet comments. I am so glad that you like Sam's apartment. Sam is very lucky indeed to have such a nice apartment.

    ReplyDelete