Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Apartment Widow Sarah - Meet Widow Sarah and her daughter Hannah

These dolls were also made
by me in the 1990s.
These were also made by kits.
The kits only contained the
head, arms and legs.
Meet Widow Sarah and her daughter
Hannah.
Widow Sarah has some age on her.
Straight off the bat - you notice
the glue on the front of her scarf.
I believe that I had something there,
that possibly fell off.
Although I cannot remember what
that was now!
You can also see a little glue in
her silver upswept hair!
She is still pretty!
I made her busty and a little bit
of weight on her.
She is dressed in a blue knit dress.
MEET WIDOW SARAH


More glue to be seen in her hair.

More glue in her hair.
Body not in great shape either.
Still more glue in her hair.
Needs changing.
Widow Sarah is supposed to be the normal
height as all my other dolls.
But she isn't.
The pipe cleaners were not wrapped so it
left her legs to dangle and made her shorter.
Needs fixing!

Widow Sarah's scarf has more glue on it.
And a spot is on her dress.
Needs new clothes!!
Hannah is the only daughter of Sarah
and Edward.
She watches over her Mother.
I never got around to making hair for Hannah.
I got very busy that year.
Her dress is still pretty and has not yellowed
at all.
I might re-use the gown when I make her over.
MEET HANNAH
She is still pretty.
These little kits were very cheap,
but the faces they had were so
pretty.
Under her skirt, she is not made very well.
This is the only doll I tried wrapping.
And I wrapped her in pantyhose!
I tried also to give her a stomach, but
that didn't work, as you can tell.
I did paint her shoes a mauvy pink to match
her dress.
She needs fixing.
Back of dress is still good, no glue spots
from the ribbons.

Thanks for stopping by!
Conny


No comments:

Post a Comment