Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Do you need a room divider?

Well, I have finally gotten around to
making the room divider. However it was only out of
necessity that prompted me to make it
now. Samantha was running out of room
of where to hang her clothes.
It sure is funny to think how your dolls
can outgrow their apartment or dollhouse!
Remember the 2 french doors that were
in Samantha's apartment behind the
nightstand. Yea I have carried these
french door everywhere for the past 15
years or so just waiting to use them. The
frame that was around them broke all
to bits just leaving the doors.  The hoarder
that I am will not let me dispose of them. Leftover
doors from broken frames would work
well also as a room divider or a headboard.
It is really easy to do. How you finish it is
entirely up to you.
 Most dividers are 3 or 4 fold but 2 will work. Just use
what you have.  It will turn out great.
 I had bought hinges sometime ago but I found them
too tedious to work with. I had rather keep things
simple if I can. On this side of the divider I left the
colors as they were. I didnt even touch it up. If paint
would have dripped on it then I would have left it there.
 Take a good look at this pic. It
is pieces of white ribbon that is holding
the 2 doors together. Using ribbon
is not a new idea. There are 6 pieces of
ribbon glued onto the sides holding it
together to keep it sturdy. Once it dried I
painted the gray sdie in brown.
I left some white showing.
 I wasnt necessaily going for a shabby chic
nor a beat-up look. Merely wanted it to look
like people just kept painting over existing colors.
Towards the top I added a shelf on each door with a
knob below it to hold clothes on hangers. I forgot where
I got the knobs at. You know they really werent knobs.
I think that they were ends cut off of something but for
the life of me I cannot remember what I cut them off of.
 This divider will stand behind the sofa. The side where
you see the coat will be like a coat closet. The side closest to
you will be to hang some clothes. See I already have a
hanger there that I made. I like my hangers because the
clothes will not fall off that easy! The wire hangers idea
can be found on the internet but I have changed it
a little by bowing them in the center and curling them
up at the ends. I make the hangers small to large
according on what will hang on them.
 The shelf is coming in handy already. I
intend for the shelves to hold whatever
I can cram up there. Maybe some necklaces
or a pair of shoes need to dangle from one
of the top corners of the divider.
 I do not know what life the little red
thingie was before I acquired it. For me
it serves as a red faux stole. Probably
something to do with Sam's hobby of
Mardi Gras stuff.
 I will not be leaving out the white side. Eventually
I will cram some stuff here as well.  Right now I do
not have anything to cram there.
Here - the divider has been placed behind the sofa just
as I intended to put it.  It looks good there - dont you think!
But soon I might end up removing somthing from her
apartment to make room for it in her bedroom.  You never
know because my apartments keep changing. And I like that.
Sam just finished hanging up her little black sexy dress.
I hope this inspires you to take a couple of
doors and make you a divider to hold clothes
or whatever you want to use it for.
Why not just use one door and put shelves on it
to hold kitchen or bathroom stuff. Then just prop it up on the
wall. This is what I have plans to do with the
little space beside Sam's stove.  But first
I have to find a couple more lonely doors.
Anybody out there in blog land have some they
want to get rid of.
Am glad you stopped by to visit Sam!
Come again, conny

4 comments:

  1. Connie: You are so creative I love the divider I also love the glasses she is wearing did you make them? I will email you tomorrow on how things are going here.
    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanta!!!!
    Eres muy imaginativa y tus trabajos muy creativos.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear Conny! It's amazing! I loved it!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glass Desks.Really its good stuff!! Thanks dear

    ReplyDelete